Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
|1||pound(s)||chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless|
|1||tablespoon(s)||ginger, fresh, finely minced or grated|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), red|
|1||can(s)||coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)|
|4||tablespoon(s)||cilantro, fresh, chopped|
|1/4||medium||onion(s), red, diced|
|Curry Cauliflower Rice|
|1||medium||onion(s), green, finely chopped|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, or olive oil|
- Mix the ginger root, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, cardamom, cloves, sea salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Chop the chicken breasts into 1inch pieces and put in the bowl with the ginger, garlic and spices. Coat the chicken with the spice mixture and set aside.
- Wash and prepare the mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add coconut oil to a large skillet.
- When hot, add the chicken, mushrooms, coconut milk and lemon juice to the pan. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper, and continue to cook until chicken is done (about 5-10 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, wash and rough chop the cauliflower.
- Place it in a large skillet with coconut or olive oil and cook over medium high heat until slightly softened.
- Place the cauliflower, curry powder, green onion and cayenne into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve chicken curry over cauliflower rice and garnish with chopped cilantro, cucumber and red onion.