Makes a hearty dinner for two adults, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 60 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs ginger root, finely minced or grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 large (10"-12") zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 (403 mL) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 4 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
Curry Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp ground curry powder
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- dash of cayenne pepper
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs coconut or olive oil
- Mix the ginger root, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, cardamom, cloves, sea salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Chop the chicken breasts into 1" pieces and put in the bowl with the ginger, garlic and spices. Coat the chicken with the spice mixture and set aside.
- Wash and prepare the mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add 2 Tbs coconut oil to a large skillet.
- When hot, add the chicken, mushrooms, coconut milk and lemon juice to the pan. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper, and continue to cook until chicken is done (about 5-10 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, wash and rough chop the cauliflower.
- Place it in a large skillet with coconut or olive oil and cook over medium high heat until slightly softened.
- Place the cauliflower, curry powder, green onion and cayenne into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve chicken curry over cauliflower rice and garnish with chopped cilantro, cucumber and red onion.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.