Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chicken Fajita Salad
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion(s), yellow diced
- 3/4 pound(s) chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1 large bell pepper(s) chopped
- 1 head(s) lettuce, red leaf or romaine
- 2 medium tomato(es) diced
- 1 medium avocado(s)
- Wash and chop onion, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil and onions. Saute until onions are soft and slightly translucent.
- Add chicken, cumin, oregano and sea salt to the onions and continue to cook, stirring often.
- When the chicken has browned, add the peppers and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, wash and shred the lettuce. Divide between two plates.
- Top lettuce with chicken fajita mix, tomatoes and sliced avocado.
Photo courtesy: Rupert Ortiz