Makes lunch for two.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2-3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large head red leaf or romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado
- Wash and chop onion, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" slices.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil and onions. Sauté until onions are soft and slightly translucent.
- Add chicken, cumin, oregano and sea salt to the onions and continue to cook, stirring often.
- When the chicken has browned, add the peppers and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, wash and shred the lettuce. Divide between two plates.
- Top lettuce with chicken fajita mix, tomatoes and sliced avocado.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.