No flour or corn tortillas needed for this Mexican salada excellente! Our Paleo fajitas contain some of the most common flavors and spices you may find in Mexican food. Garlic, onions, tomatoes, avocados cumin and oregano all combine to create the earthy flavors and Mexican flair you expect from fajitas. Cook these delicious ingredients up with chicken and place it all on a bed of fresh greens and – perfecto – you have a Paleo fajita salad!
Looking for even more delicious Paleo salads? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of more FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chicken Fajita Salad
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion(s), yellow diced
- 3/4 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1 large bell pepper(s) chopped
- 1 head(s) lettuce, red leaf or romaine
- 2 medium tomato(es) diced
- 1 medium avocado(s)
- Wash and chop onion, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil and onions. Saute until onions are soft and slightly translucent.
- Add chicken, cumin, oregano and sea salt to the onions and continue to cook, stirring often.
- When the chicken has browned, add the peppers and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, wash and shred the lettuce. Divide between two plates.
- Top lettuce with chicken fajita mix, tomatoes and sliced avocado.
Photo courtesy: Rupert Ortiz