Recipe makes 2 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1/2||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|3/4||pound(s)||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1||large||bell pepper(s), chopped|
|1||head(s)||lettuce, red leaf or romaine|
- Wash and chop onion, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil and onions. Saute until onions are soft and slightly translucent.
- Add chicken, cumin, oregano and sea salt to the onions and continue to cook, stirring often.
- When the chicken has browned, add the peppers and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, wash and shred the lettuce. Divide between two plates.
- Top lettuce with chicken fajita mix, tomatoes and sliced avocado.