Have you ever set out to make your own mayonnaise only to have it not thicken properly? This recipe contains super healthy ingredients, is easy to make and always works. The trick to having your mayonnaise set up every time is to add the Dijon mustard at the end of blending. We’ve used a combination of EVOO and avocado oil but you can use just one, or any other healthy oil of your choosing such as macadamia nut oil.
Store leftovers for 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
NOTE: This recipe contains raw egg
Updated Recipe: 11/10/15
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup(s) avocado oil
- 2 large egg yolk(s) preferably pastured
- 1/2 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- Combine the oils and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and lemon juice in a bowl. With electric beaters or an immersion blender or a brisk whisking, briefly blend the ingredients together.
- While continuing to blend, slowly add the oils in a very thin drizzle. It can take as long as 3 to 5 minutes to fully incorporate the oils and produce a thick mixture.
- Next, blend in the Dijon mustard and sea salt, if using.