Makes about 1 cup. Store leftovers for 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
Approximate preparation time: 15 minutes
NOTE: This recipe contains raw egg
- 1 organic, pastured egg
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp dry mustard (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (optional, for alioli)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup flaxseed oil (or substitute with additional olive oil)
- Combine raw egg and lemon juice in blender.
- Add 1 drop olive oil and continue to blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 more drops olive oil and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add 5 more drops olive oil and blend for 30 seconds.
- Continue to slowly incorporate olive oil in small portions (about 1 Tbs at a time). The consistency of mayonnaise should begin to develop.
- When olive oil is completely incorporated, slowly drizzle flaxseed oil into the blender and continue to blend.
For a quick alternative, incorporate 1 clove garlic into step 1, and increase lemon juice to 1 Tbsp to make Alioli.