This simple recipe practically makes itself and the result is an elegant veggie side dish full of flavor! Gently roasted asparagus dressed with the healthy fat of your choice, and seasoned with thyme, sea salt and black pepper makes a Paleo presentation fit for the most casual or fancy occasion.
If you loved this Roasted Asparagus recipe, then try our Asparagus Salad and Balsamic Asparagus Salad. Looking for more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further! Check out our PaleoPlan side dish/veggie recipe archives! For hundreds of more FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound(s) asparagus (about 20 spears)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or tallow or lard
- 2 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash and remove the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Place in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the oil/fat and thyme over the asparagus and toss together until well coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 250 F for 15 more minutes.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Photo courtesy: userealbutter.com