Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes with kelp noodles; 50 minutes with spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey or sausage
- 15 oz marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- 24 oz kelp noodles (or one spaghetti squash)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Add meat and garlic, and cook completely.
- Add noodles and marinara, stir and bring to a simmer.
If using spaghetti squash:
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Split the squash lengthwise, then dig out the seeds.
- Place both halves face down on a baking pan, with 1/4" of water.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Dig out squash with a fork (cross-wise) and add to the skillet with the meat and marinara.