Makes dinner for two with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs beef tip steak, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tsp coconut oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos (tastes like soy sauce)
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- large handful of pea pods or sugar snap peas
- 2 medium heads lettuce of choice or the equivalent amount of mixed greens
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil, lard, or tallow as soon as the pan is hot.
- Add sliced onions and sauté until they begin to soften and turn translucent. Stir often.
- Turn the heat up slightly and wait about a minute for the pan to heat up.
- Add the beef and the coconut aminos, and continue to stir often.
- When beef is close to done (however you prefer it) add the bell peppers and peas.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
- Serve over chopped lettuce or mixed greens and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil to taste.