This hearty dish features sweet potatoes and sausage topped with fried eggs to keep you full until lunchtime. You can adapt it as you wish by adding other ingredients, such as garlic, mushrooms, and jalapeno peppers. If you want a lighter version of this recipe, feel free to leave out the eggs. You can also replace the sausage with other meats. It’s a great recipe for using up leftovers of all kinds.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Fried Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil divided
- 1 medium sweet potato(es) diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 medium onion(s), yellow diced
- 2 medium sausage(s) nitrite/nitrate free , sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper(s) diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sweet potatoes, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausages and continue to cook until sausages are browned and sweet potatoes are slightly softened.
- Add bell peppers and water.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are completely soft, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, fry eggs in coconut oil.
- Season eggs with freshly ground black pepper and serve over sweet potato hash.
Photo courtesy: Rupert Ortiz