These pancakes are a delicious combination of almond flour and applesauce topped with fresh berries. Feel free to substitute mashed bananas or pureed pumpkin for the applesauce and cinnamon for nutmeg. If you are allergic to almonds, you can replace half the almond flour with coconut flour and the other half with tapioca flour. Cooking these pancakes on a griddle, slowly and over low heat, will give the best results.
- Combine almond flour, applesauce, coconut flour, eggs, water, nutmeg and sea salt in a bowl, and mix together completely with a fork. The batter will appear a little thicker than normal mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat with coconut oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan once it is fully heated. Spread out batter slightly if desired.
- Flip like a normal pancake when the bubbles start showing up on the top, and cook for another minute or two.
- Add more oil to the pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with fresh berries.