This super-simple paleo breakfast recipe combines fluffy scrambled eggs with avocado slices and salsa. Almonds are added as a crunchy and unusual topping for extra protein. To make this dish more substantial, try serving it with salmon or bacon, or alongside some fresh fruit if you’d like a lighter meal.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Eggs with Avocado and Salsa
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1/2 medium avocado(s) sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds sliced or slivered
- 4 tablespoon(s) salsa
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl, and pour into skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute and turn heat to medium-low. Finish cooking (about 2-4 minutes longer).
- Top with almonds, avocado and salsa. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, if desired.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here