Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 cup(s) almond flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) almond butter
- 2 large egg(s), beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 3 teaspoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium onion(s), yellow, diced
- 4 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large Italian sausage, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) marinara sauce, or tomato sauce, with no sugar added
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seed
- 1/2 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix almond flour, almond butter, eggs and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Cover a baking sheet with 2 teaspoons olive oil, then spread the mixture over it, making a 1/4 inch thick crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil, onions, mushrooms, and sliced sausage to a large skillet over medium-high heat until the sausage is browned and the onions are slightly translucent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic and red pepper to the skillet. Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes, or until slightly tender. Note: do not cook the vegetables entirely in the skillet or they will be too soft when cooked on the pizza.
- Remove the crust from the oven and cover with marinara sauce. Add the sausage and sautéed vegetables. Sprinkle with oregano and fennel seed, then bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven when fully cooked and top with sliced tomatoes.
- Carefully lift the slices out of the pan as the dough will still be soft.