Just because you’re following a Paleo diet doesn’t mean you have to give up pizza.
Check out how to make this easy and delicious, gourmet Paleo pizza. It’s packed with nutrients and all of your favorite ingredients. Serve it for dinner or as an appetizer at your next get-together.
To help make the crust less dense, try using tapioca flour. Keep re-wetting your hands while rolling out the crust and then “mop up” the extra water when you’re finished with a napkin.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1/2 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/2 cup(s) tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) almond butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 3 teaspoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1/2 medium onion(s) diced
- 4 medium mushrooms white button and sliced
- 1 large sausage(s) cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 medium bell pepper(s) red, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) marinara sauce or tomato sauce, with no sugar added
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seed
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato(es) cherry or grape, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust, mix almond flour, tapioca flour, Italian seasoning, almond butter, eggs, and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Cover a baking sheet with 2 teaspoons olive oil, then spread the mixture over it, making a 1/4 inch thick crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil, onions, mushrooms, and sliced sausage to a large skillet over medium-high heat until the sausage is browned and the onions are slightly translucent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic and red pepper to the skillet. Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes, or until slightly tender. Note: do not cook the vegetables entirely in the skillet or they will be too soft when cooked on the pizza.
- Remove the crust from the oven and cover with marinara sauce. Add the sausage and sautéed vegetables. Sprinkle with oregano and fennel seed, then bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven when fully cooked and top with sliced tomatoes.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here