This appealing-looking quiche features a unique sweet-and-savory combination of shredded carrots and ground turkey, flavored with mustard, cumin, and fresh herbs of your choice such as rosemary, basil, or parsley. Ground beef or ground chicken can be used in place of the ground turkey.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Turkey Carrot Quiche
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 8 large egg(s)
- 1/2 pound(s) turkey, ground
- 1 large carrot(s) shredded
- 1 medium onion(s) chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) herbs, fresh chopped such as basil and parsley
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or bacon fat for baking dish and browning turkey
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate or 9 inch baking dish with coconut oil or bacon fat and set aside.
- Brown the ground turkey, onions, carrots, Dijon mustard and cumin together in a pan (Add butter if the turkey is too lean to release enough fat for cooking and the ingredients are sticking to the pan).
- Set the turkey mixture aside to cool slightly and whisk eggs together in a bowl
- Add fresh or dried herbs, salt, pepper, water and cooled turkey mixture to the eggs and whisk everything together.
- Pour entire mixture into the prepared pie plate or baking dish and cook for 40 to 45 minutes until set.