Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|2||tablespoon(s)||red wine vinegar|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, to taste|
|1/8||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
|1||pound(s)||asparagus, ends trimmed|
|2||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, lard or tallow|
|1||pound(s)||mushrooms, (about 6 cups)|
|8||medium||onion(s), green, sliced (about 1/2 cup)|
|2||tablespoon(s)||hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped|
- Add the vinegar, half of the oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the asparagus in boiling water for just a few minutes until they are crisp.
- Drain and pour ice water over them immediately.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until they are soft.
- Add green onions, saute 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus, and cook another 3 mins.
- Remove from the heat then slowly add in the vinegar mixture.
- Toss the toasted hazelnuts over the top.