Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, to taste (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbs coconut oil/lard/tallow
- 1 lb (about 6 cups) mushrooms
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbs hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Add the vinegar, 1 Tbs of the oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the asparagus in boiling water for just a few minutes until they are crisp.
- Drain and pour ice water over them immediately.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbs oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until they are soft.
- Add green onions, saute 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus, and cook another 3 mins.
- Remove from the heat then slowly add in the vinegar mixture.
- Toss the toasted hazelnuts over the top.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.