Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- In a large pot over high heat, combine apple juice and cinnamon stick. Bring to a low boil.
- Remove top and bottom of apple and slice crosswise to make 1/8 thick chips. Discard any seeds.
- Carefully drop apple slices into boiling juice and cook 4-5 minutes. Apple slices will appear translucent.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove apple slices from juice and place on a clean cloth towel. Pat dry.
- Place dried apple chips on a wire cooling rack placed on a cookie sheet (this will catch any drips).
- Bake 30-40 minutes until apple slices turn golden brown and are almost dry to the touch.