Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Cacao Nib Pork Chops
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 piece(s) pork chops, boneless (4-6 oz) trimmed of all fat
- 1/3 cup(s) cacao nibs, raw chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey, raw (optional)
- 3 teaspoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 cup(s) spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Pound both sides of each pork chop to tenderize the meat.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl. Coat pork chops with egg mixture and season each side with 1 teaspoon chopped cacao nibs. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add diced butternut squash, stirring often.
- After about 5 minutes, place 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a different pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, place coated pork chops in skillet and cook to desired temperature (165 F recommended).
- Meanwhile, add honey to the butternut squash as it cooks, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- When squash is tender, serve over a handful of spinach, and serve pork chops on the side.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here