Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 40 minutes
|4||piece(s)||pork chops, boneless (4-6 oz), trimmed of all fat|
|1/3||cup(s)||cacao nibs, raw, chopped|
|1||medium||butternut squash, peeled and diced|
|2||tablespoon(s)||honey, raw, (optional)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, to taste|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
- Pound both sides of each pork chop to tenderize the meat.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl. Coat pork chops with egg mixture and season each side with 1 teaspoon chopped cacao nibs. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add diced butternut squash, stirring often.
- After about 5 minutes, place 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a different pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, place coated pork chops in skillet and cook to desired temperature (165 F recommended).
- Meanwhile, add honey to the butternut squash as it cooks, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- When squash is tender, serve over a handful of spinach, and serve pork chops on the side.