Approximate Cook Time: 2 hours
|2||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, tallow or lard|
|1||pound(s)||beef - stew meat, cubed|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced or sliced|
|2||can(s)||tomatoes, diced (28 oz), or crushed with juice|
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add beef and brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add onions and garlic, and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onions soften.
- Add remaining stock, browned beef, carrots, tomatoes, red wine, oregano and basil.
- Cover and simmer on low for at least 1 hour (or until beef is tender).