Delicious roasted peppers and sausage combine as filling in this hearty omelet. You can use milder poblano or bell peppers, or spicier chili peppers according to your taste preference. To save time, feel free to use Paleo-safe jarred roasted peppers instead of roasting them yourself.
- Put pepper in a heavy bottomed pan over high heat. Turn pepper as skin begins to blacken and blister on each side. When blistered on all sides, remove from pan and put in a plastic bag with a few drops of water; seal the bag immediately with plenty of air trapped inside. Wait 5 minutes. Remove from bag, cut out seeds, remove skin and dice.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a small bowl and add freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil when hot.
- Add half of the egg mixture to hot pan. As the egg starts to set, add half of the remaining ingredients to one half of the pan.
- When fully set, fold half of the egg over the filling, and cook a minute more.
- Repeat with second omelet.