Approximate Cook Time: 40 minutes
|1||pound(s)||salmon fillet(s), (wild caught)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|3||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1/2||cup(s)||coconut milk, full fat|
|2||tablespoon(s)||basil, fresh, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place salmon in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle both sides with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil, garlic and shallots. Sauté until garlic and shallots soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and coconut milk, and bring liquid to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and add basil.
- Pour over salmon and bake uncovered for about 10-20 minutes, or until salmon has reached desired temperature.