Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbs olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil when hot.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic, and saute until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add ground beef, and continue to cook until beef starts to brown, stirring occasionally (about 8- 10 minutes).
- Finally, stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and ground cumin.
- Remove from heat and serve when beef is cooked through and tomato sauce is hot.