Makes two servings. Serve with a vegetable for a complete meal.
Approximate cooking time: 20-35 minutes
- 2 (5 oz-6 oz, about 1" thick) beef steaks (rib-eye, sirloin, strip, tenderloin)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 2-3 Tbs coconut oil or tallow, melted
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, black pepper, garlic, sea salt (optional) and oil or tallow.
- Place steaks on broiler pan and brush both sides with oil mixture.
- Broil 2"-3" from heat source (usually the very top of the oven) for 7 minutes for medium-rare (8 minutes for medium). Remove from oven and turn steaks. Return to oven and broil the other side an additional 5 minutes for medium-rare (6 minutes for medium).
- When desired internal temperature is reached, remove steaks from oven, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite vegetable or side.
NOTE: To cook steaks on the stove top, heat a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp oil or fat when pan is hot. Add steaks and cook for 10 minutes for medium rare. Turn and continue to cook for another 14 minutes. Remove from heat, cover with foil, and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.