Makes 2-4 servings (depending on size of trout).
Catfish or rockfish may be used as a substitute if trout cannot be found.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 whole trout (about 2 lbs)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tbs raisins (golden raisins suggested)
- 1 shallot, diced
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive or coconut oil
- lemon slices, parsley, and seedless red grapes for optional garnish
- Rinse and dry trout. Rub skin of fish with a splash of olive oil.
- Toss almonds, raisins, 1 tablespoon olive oil, shallots, parsley and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stuff trout with this mixture.
- Put ¼ cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, sauté trout for about 8-10 minutes on each side until fully cooked (flesh will flake easily with a fork).
- Serve with a garnish of lemon, parsley and seedless red grapes (optional).
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.