Catfish or rockfish may be used as a substitute if trout cannot be found.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1||tablespoon(s)||raisins, (golden raisins suggested)|
|1||handful(s)||parsley, fresh, chopped|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/4||cup(s)||olive oil, or coconut oil|
- Rinse and dry trout. Rub skin of fish with a splash of olive oil.
- Toss almonds, raisins, 1 tablespoon olive oil, shallots, parsley and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stuff trout with this mixture.
- Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, sauté trout for about 8-10 minutes on each side until fully cooked (flesh will flake easily with a fork).
- Serve with a garnish of lemon, parsley and seedless red grapes (optional).