Catfish or rockfish may be used as a substitute if trout cannot be found.
Recipe makes 3 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Rinse and dry trout. Rub skin of fish with a splash of olive oil.
- Toss almonds, raisins, 1 tablespoon olive oil, shallots, parsley and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stuff trout with this mixture.
- Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, sauté trout for about 8-10 minutes on each side until fully cooked (flesh will flake easily with a fork).
- Serve with a garnish of lemon, parsley and seedless red grapes (optional).