Catfish or rockfish may be used as a substitute if trout cannot be found.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pound(s) trout, whole
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) almonds, slivered
- 1 tablespoon(s) raisins, (golden raisins suggested)
- 1 medium shallot(s), diced
- 1 handful(s) parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil, or coconut oil
- Rinse and dry trout. Rub skin of fish with a splash of olive oil.
- Toss almonds, raisins, 1 tablespoon olive oil, shallots, parsley and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stuff trout with this mixture.
- Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, sauté trout for about 8-10 minutes on each side until fully cooked (flesh will flake easily with a fork).
- Serve with a garnish of lemon, parsley and seedless red grapes (optional).