Makes dinner for two adults with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 Tbs lard (coconut oil may be used, but be careful it doesn't burn)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt (optional), pepper, paprika, sage and thyme together.
- Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with the seasoning mixture.
- Add lard to a skillet over high heat.
- When good and hot, brown both sides of each chop.
- Place the browned chops on a large piece of heavy foil and layer with sliced onions.
- Close the foil into a tight pouch and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until pork reaches desired temperature.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.