Approximate Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sage, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried
- 4 pork loin chops (4-6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 medium onion(s), thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt (optional), pepper, paprika, sage and thyme together.
- Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with the seasoning mixture.
- Add lard to a skillet over high heat.
- When good and hot, brown both sides of each chop.
- Place the browned chops on a large piece of heavy foil and layer with sliced onions.
- Close the foil into a tight pouch and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until pork reaches desired temperature.