Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6 oz each)
- sea salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbs coconut oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves or 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp hazelnuts, chopped
- 10 white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Season chicken breasts with sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbs coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Add chicken breasts and cook until internal temperature reaches 165° F, or until there is no pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, add remaining coconut oil to a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add rosemary, hazelnuts, and garlic. Simmer together for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned. Season with sea salt and black pepper if desired.
- Pour mushroom mixture over chicken to serve.