Makes dinner for two with leftover shrimp to toss in an omelet or salad the next day.
Approximate cooking time: 15 minutes with an additional 30 minutes for marinade
- wooden skewers
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp with tail left on
- lime wedges
- parsley, chopped
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water.
- Mix olive or coconut oil, garlic, lemon and spices in a large, shallow bowl. Add shrimp and let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the grill just before meal time.
- Put marinated shrimp on skewers.
- Place on hot grill. Turn after a few minutes on each side and remove when bright pink and fully cooked (about 1-2 minutes per side).
- Serve with lime wedges and chopped parsley.