There’s something about hot soup on a cold or rainy day. This Paleo ‘cream’ of mushroom soup is the perfect complement to chicken breast, as well as white fish fillets. Serve this soup as a main dish with mixed vegetables on the side, or as an appetizer. Serve alongside a chicken breast, fillet of fish or other protein for a complete meal idea. For a bit more flavor, try substituting half of the water with chicken stock.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
‘Cream’ of Mushroom Soup
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium avocado(s) peeled and pitted
- 1/2 medium grapefruit(s) juiced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s)
- 2 cup(s) water boiling
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 5 medium mushroom(s), white button sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red diced
- 1/4 small onion(s) finely minced
- 2 medium tomato(es) diced
- 4 tablespoon(s) basil, fresh
- In a food processor, blend avocado, grapefruit juice, garlic and hot water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium pan with tall sides over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil.
- Saute mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, tomato, and basil until they begin to soften.
- Add avocado mixture and heat through.