Makes 4 servings. Add lean protein to make this recipe a lunch for two.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 small green cabbage, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 large date, soaked, pitted and mashed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground brown mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbs jalepeno, minced (optional)
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- Toss cabbage, tomatoes, coconut and almond flour together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the soaked date. Add in the remaining ingredients and whisk together to form a smooth dressing.
- Pour dressing into cabbage and tomato mixture and combine completely.
- This salad keeps well for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.