Try topping with Coconut Whipped Cream.
Approximate Cook Time: 35-50 minutes
- 2 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 cup(s) arrowroot powder, (available online and at some farmer's markets)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup(s) honey, raw
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 medium apple(s), peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, fresh, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except nutmeg) in a bowl and stir well to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla extract (optional), and stir to combine.
- Mix this into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add the apples and stir one more time.
- Pour batter into a pan greased with coconut oil. Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
- For a cake or loaf pan, bake approximately 30 minutes. For cupcakes, bake approximately 14 minutes.