Makes 1 cake, or about 12 muffins. Try topping with Coconut Whipped Cream.
Approximate cooking time: 35-50 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (available online and at some farmer's markets)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract (optional)
- dash freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except nutmeg) in a bowl and stir well to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla extract (optional), and stir to combine.
- Mix this into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add the apples and stir one more time.
- Pour batter into a pan greased with coconut oil. Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
- For a cake or loaf pan, bake approximately 30 minutes. For cupcakes, bake approximately 14 minutes.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.