Makes 1 cake, or about 12 muffins. Try topping with Coconut Whipped Cream.
Approximate cooking time: 35-50 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (available online and at some farmer's markets)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract (optional)
- dash freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except nutmeg) in a bowl and stir well to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla extract (optional), and stir to combine.
- Mix this into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add the apples and stir one more time.
- Pour batter into a pan greased with coconut oil. Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
- For a cake or loaf pan, bake approximately 30 minutes. For cupcakes, bake approximately 14 minutes.