Try topping with Coconut Whipped Cream.
Recipe makes 8 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 35-50 minutes
|1/4||cup(s)||arrowroot powder, (available online and at some farmer's markets)|
|1/4||cup(s)||coconut oil, melted|
|1||medium||apple(s), peeled, cored and diced|
|1||teaspoon(s)||nutmeg, fresh, grated|
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except nutmeg) in a bowl and stir well to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla extract (optional), and stir to combine.
- Mix this into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add the apples and stir one more time.
- Pour batter into a pan greased with coconut oil. Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
- For a cake or loaf pan, bake approximately 30 minutes. For cupcakes, bake approximately 14 minutes.