Approximate Cook Time: 90 minutes
- 11/2 cup(s) sunflower seeds, raw
- 3/4 cup(s) raisins
- 1 tablespoon(s) carob powder
- 6 medium apple(s), peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup(s) honey, raw
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut, unsweetened shredded
- 1 teaspoon(s) cloves, ground, (optional)
- Make the crust by placing sunflower seeds, raisins and carob powder in a food processor and process with the until finely ground (mixture will stick together).
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with mixture and form crust.
- Wash and core the apples.
- Place in food processor, and pulse chop until cut into small pieces (be careful not to chop apples too finely and make apple sauce).
- In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, honey and dash of cloves (optional) together.
- Scoop the mixture into pie crust. Save the "juice" that remains in the bowl and drizzle over pie when served. Level out with a spatula.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to allow pie to set.