Makes 1 (9″) pie.
Approximate cooking time: 90 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 Tbs carob powder
- 5-6 medium sized apples, peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- dash of ground cloves (optional)
- Make the crust by placing sunflower seeds, raisins and carob powder in a food processor and process with the until finely ground (mixture will stick together).
- Line a 9" pie pan with mixture and form crust.
- Wash and core the apples.
- Place in food processor, and pulse chop until cut into small pieces (be careful not to chop apples too finely and make apple sauce).
- In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, honey and dash of cloves (optional) together.
- Scoop the mixture into pie crust. Save the "juice" that remains in the bowl and drizzle over pie when served. Level out with a spatula.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to allow pie to set.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.