Here red snapper fillets are sprinkled with chili powder and a lemon-lime blend and baked topped with colorful vegetables. The citrus brightens the flavor and the chilies add spice. You can make this paleo diet recipe with orange roughy or trout as desired, or use jalapeno peppers instead of Anaheim peppers if you’d like a spicier dish.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Red Snapper Azteca
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound(s) fish fillet(s), red snapper
- 1 medium lime(s), juiced
- 1/2 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 medium tomato(es) coarsely chopped
- 4 medium onion(s), green sliced in 1/2 inch sections
- 1 small anaheim pepper(s) chopped
- 1/2 medium bell pepper(s), red chopped
- 1 cup(s) cilantro, fresh
- Place red snapper in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine lime juice, lemon juice and chili powder in small bowl and sprinkle over snapper.
- Marinate 10 minutes, turning a few times.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sprinkle chopped onions, tomato and peppers over snapper.
- Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes or just until snapper flakes in center.
- Let stand, covered, 4 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.