Approximate Cook Time: 90 minutes
- 6 chicken thighs, (6 oz), skin on
- 6 tablespoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion(s), yellow, diced
- 1 medium celery stalk(s), diced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 medium apple(s), ored and diced
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins, golden
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts, chopped
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) tarragon, dried
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash and chop onion, celery, garlic and apples.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add onion, celery, and garlic. Sauté about 3 minutes, until onion and celery are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add apple, raisins, walnuts, and eggs. Mix well.
- Prepare chicken thighs by pulling the skin away from the meat without removing it.
- Stuff apple mixture between the skin and meat.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a foil-lined baking dish with skin facing up.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 4 teaspoons olive oil with tarragon. Brush over chicken thighs.
- Bake, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked.