Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 90 minutes
|6||piece(s)||chicken thighs, (6 oz), skin on|
|6||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, divided|
|1||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|1||medium||celery stalk(s), diced|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|2||medium||apple(s), ored and diced|
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash and chop onion, celery, garlic and apples.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add onion, celery, and garlic. Sauté about 3 minutes, until onion and celery are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add apple, raisins, walnuts, and eggs. Mix well.
- Prepare chicken thighs by pulling the skin away from the meat without removing it.
- Stuff apple mixture between the skin and meat.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a foil-lined baking dish with skin facing up.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 4 teaspoons olive oil with tarragon. Brush over chicken thighs.
- Bake, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked.