Here a fish of your choice combines with traditional Louisiana seasonings like lemon pepper, red pepper, and garlic to create amazing tasting paleo fish fillets. The mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice called for in the paleo recipe helps the fish stay moist. You can make this dish with a number of other fish varieties including tilapia, perch, and orange roughy.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium oven-proof skillet, heat coconut oil and lemon juice over medium-high heat.
- Coat both sides of fillets, and lay side by side in the pan, overlapping slightly if necessary.
- Mix spices together and sprinkle over fillets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on size of fillets and type of fish (catfish bakes the longest).
- The pan may blacken, but that's fine; the liquid will keep the fish moist.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional).