Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|8||slice(s)||bacon, (save drippings)|
|8||large||egg(s), hard-boiled, peeled and finely chopped|
|1||medium||onion(s), finely diced|
|10||medium||mushrooms, white button, finely chopped|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
- Cook bacon fully and remove from pan. Reserve a light coating of bacon fat in the pan. Crumble bacon pieces when cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs.
- Cool cooked eggs in water and shell immediately. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Over medium-high heat, Sauté the onion in the remaining bacon drippings until translucent and golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté another 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Mix saute, eggs, and bacon together, and season with black pepper.
- Serve warm or cold.