Want something filling for breakfast? Try this recipe, which combines meaty mushrooms, hard-boiled eggs and golden-brown onions. You can hard-boil the eggs, cook the bacon and chop the mushrooms and onions the night before for quick morning prep. You can also swap out the mushrooms for another vegetable of your choice, such as peppers, beets, or greens.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Myra’s Chopped Mushrooms, Eggs and Onion
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 slice(s) bacon (save drippings)
- 8 large egg(s) hard-boiled, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion(s) finely diced
- 10 medium mushroom(s), white button finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Cook bacon fully and remove from pan. Reserve a light coating of bacon fat in the pan. Crumble bacon pieces when cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs.
- Cool cooked eggs in water and shell immediately. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Over medium-high heat, Sauté the onion in the remaining bacon drippings until translucent and golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté another 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Mix saute, eggs, and bacon together, and season with black pepper.
- Serve warm or cold.
Photo courtesy: Seth Lytton
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here