Makes enough for 2 people for 2 breakfasts – 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 8 slices of bacon (save drippings)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 10-12 medium white mushrooms, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon fully and remove from pan. Reserve a light coating of bacon fat in the pan. Crumble bacon pieces when cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs.
- Cool cooked eggs in water and shell immediately. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Over medium-high heat, sauté the onion in the remaining bacon drippings until translucent and golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté another 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Mix saute, eggs, and bacon together, and season with black pepper.
- Serve warm or cold.