Original recipe from here.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
|1||pound(s)||beef - stew meat|
|2||cup(s)||water, or broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)|
|2||medium||celery stalk(s), diced|
|6||large||mushroom(s), white button|
|4||medium||carrot(s), sliced (or a few handfuls of baby carrots, sliced)|
|1||package(s)||spinach, frozen (14 oz), thawed and well drained (or any other greens you love)|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
- Heat a heavy bottomed soup pot over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add bacon grease and onion. Brown slightly (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add stew meat and brown (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, and add all other ingredients.
- Simmer for 35-45 minutes, or until beef is tender.