Original recipe from here.
Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) bacon drippings
- 1 medium onion(s), diced
- 1 pound(s) beef - stew meat
- 2 cup(s) water, or broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 2 medium celery stalk(s), diced
- 6 large mushrooms, white button
- 4 medium carrot(s), sliced (or a few handfuls of baby carrots, sliced)
- 1 package(s) spinach, frozen (14 oz), thawed and well drained (or any other greens you love)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) marjoram, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- Heat a heavy bottomed soup pot over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add bacon grease and onion. Brown slightly (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add stew meat and brown (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, and add all other ingredients.
- Simmer for 35-45 minutes, or until beef is tender.