Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1||pound(s)||beef - flank, sirloin, or NY strip steak(s), about 1/2 inch thick|
|2||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, bacon drippings, lard or tallow|
|1||medium||onion(s), yellow, sliced|
|2||medium||bell pepper(s), green, sliced|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Cut steak into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add onions and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly translucent. Move to edges of pan.
- Place steak slices in hot pan and sear on each side, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in green peppers, water, and garlic salt. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender and meat is cooked to desired temperature.
- Season with black pepper and serve on a bed of raw, shredded carrots.