Approximate Cook Time: 50 minutes
|3||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, or coconut oil|
|1||chicken, whole (2.5-3 lbs), cut up|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1||medium||onion(s), yellow, sliced|
|15||medium||mushrooms, sliced (about 1/2 pound)|
|3||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||can(s)||tomatoes, diced (16 oz)|
|1||can(s)||tomato sauce (8 oz)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||active dry yeast|
|1||large||bell pepper(s), cut into 1" pieces|
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When pan is hot, add chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the hot pan and sauté until onions are slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Return chicken to pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.