Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 50 minutes
- 3 Tbs olive or coconut oil
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When pan is hot, add chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the hot pan and sauté until onions are slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Return chicken to pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.