Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 piece(s) chicken, whole (2.5-3 lbs) cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 medium onion(s), yellow sliced
- 1/2 pound(s) mushrooms sliced
- 3 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced (16 oz)
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) active dry yeast optional
- 1 large bell pepper(s) cut into 1" pieces
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When pan is hot, add chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the hot pan and sauté until onions are slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Return chicken to pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.