Makes about 3 cups (or 4 servings). Excellent as a topping for grilled chicken, pork or fish.
Approximate cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 avocados, diced (save the pits)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and diced (optional-- this will make it very spicy!)
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1 ripe mango, diced (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Keep the avocado pits in the mixture to serve. This will slow the oxidation of the avocados (what makes them turn brown) and will help the salsa last longer.