Makes about 3 cups (or 4 servings). Excellent as a topping for grilled chicken, pork or fish.
Approximate prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 avocados, diced (save the pits)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and diced (optional-- this will make it very spicy!)
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1 ripe mango, diced (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Keep the avocado pits in the mixture to serve. This will slow the oxidation of the avocados (what makes them turn brown) and will help the salsa last longer.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.