Makes 2 sandwiches.
Approximate cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup almond or cashew butter (or use dijon mustard if preferred)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and cut in half
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- handful of spinach or arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- Spread 1/4-inch of nut butter or dijon mustard on the underside of each portobello cap.
- Layer vegetables and bacon on 2 of the portobello caps.
- Top the sandwiches with remaining portobello caps.
- Optional: for a toasty meal, coat the top of each sandwich with coconut oil and broil for a minute or two.