Note: this recipe needs to marinate overnight.
Approximate Prep Time: 20 minutes
Approximate Cook Time: 10 minutes
Passive Time: 12 hours (marinades, etc.)
- 4 large mushrooms, white button or cremini, quartered
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thick
- 1/2 head(s) cauliflower, pulled apart into large florets
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red, cut into large pieces
- 1 medium onion(s), cut into large pieces
- wooden skewers, (soaked for at least 15 minutes)
- 2 inch(es) ginger, fresh, peeled
- 2 medium garlic clove(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil, fresh
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. Put in large bowl.
- Blend marinade ingredients together in a blender or food processor and pour over vegetables in the bowl.
- Cover, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Also soak the wooden skewers in water overnight.
- Shortly before mealtime, put the vegetables onto the soaked skewers.
- Place kebabs on grill for about 10 minutes until tender, turning frequently.