Makes 8-10 large kebabs.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes. Note: this recipe needs to marinate overnight.
For the kebabs:
- 4 large cremini or white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (8-10") zucchini, sliced thick
- 1/2 head cauliflower, pulled apart into large florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- wooden skewers (soaked for at least 15 minutes)
For the marinade:
- 2" piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. Put in large bowl.
- Blend marinade ingredients together in a blender or food processor and pour over vegetables in the bowl.
- Cover, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Also soak the wooden skewers in water overnight.
- Shortly before mealtime, put the vegetables onto the soaked skewers.
- Place kebabs on grill for about 10 minutes until tender, turning frequently.