Add a cooked chicken breast and replace the pine nuts with walnuts for a heartier variation.
Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
|1/4||cup(s)||olive oil, or coconut oil|
|1||pound(s)||watercress, finely chopped|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), halved|
|4||slice(s)||bacon, cooked and diced|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/4||cup(s)||hazelnuts, finely chopped|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- In a heavy 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic clove and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the garlic and discard.
- Add all the nuts to the garlic-infused oil and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until they are browned (stir constantly to prevent burning).
- Add bacon, sea salt (if desired), and black pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse and dry watercress. Add it to the oil.
- Working quickly, toss watercress into mixture, making sure it is well coated and barely heated through (if left too long it loses some of its crispiness).
- Season to taste and serve immediately.