Add a cooked chicken breast and replace the pine nuts with walnuts for a heartier variation.
Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1 pound(s) watercress, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), halved
- 4 slice(s) bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- In a heavy 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic clove and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the garlic and discard.
- Add all the nuts to the garlic-infused oil and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until they are browned (stir constantly to prevent burning).
- Add bacon, sea salt (if desired), and black pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse and dry watercress. Add it to the oil.
- Working quickly, toss watercress into mixture, making sure it is well coated and barely heated through (if left too long it loses some of its crispiness).
- Season to taste and serve immediately.