This simple and colorful omelet features shrimp, buttery avocado, and fresh tomatoes. It’s possible to make this recipe the night before and have it ready to be warmed up for a super-quick breakfast in the morning. You can add some chopped onion and jalapeno pepper to the avocado-tomato mixture to make a spicy salsa topping if preferred, or substitute chicken, turkey or fish for the shrimp.
- Cook shrimp over medium heat until pink. Chop and set aside.
- Toss tomato, avocado, and cilantro together in a small bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a separate small bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when hot.
- Pour half of the eggs into the hot skillet, tilting the pan gently to cover the bottom with egg. Tilt pan and lift edges of omelet to allow uncooked egg to spread to the hot part of the pan.
- When eggs are almost fully firm, add shrimp pieces onto one half of the egg.
- Fold omelet in half and cook for a minute more.
- Top with tomato and avocado mixture.
- Repeat for second omelet.