This Chef Salad combines classic fresh ingredients like lettuce, tomatoes, celery, and avocado with hard-boiled eggs, chicken or ham and crumbled bacon. A Paleo-approved salad dressing completes the dish. This is a surprisingly filling salad that can be eaten for lunch or dinner.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 large egg(s) hard-boiled, halved
- 1 head(s) lettuce, red leaf
- 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless or ham, grilled and diced
- 2 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape halved
- 4 medium onion(s), green sliced thin
- 2 medium celery stalk(s) diced
- 1 medium avocado(s) diced
- 4 tablespoon(s) Simple Salad Dressing (recipe) or favorite salad dressing
- Hard-boil eggs, cool and remove shells.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and crumble, grill chicken and dice (or dice ham).
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Divide lettuce between two plates, top with vegetables, eggs, avocado and meats.
- Top with Simple Salad Dressing.