Serve with grilled chicken breasts or another lean protein for a complete meal. Makes 2 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- In a 4 quart saucepan (or larger), cook onion in coconut oil until translucent.
- Add all other ingredients except vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add stock, increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Optional: Remove 1 cup soup from pan and reserve; pour remaining soup into blender and process at low speed until smooth.
- Combine pureed and reserved soup mixtures in saucepan and cook, stirring constantly until hot.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.