Serve with grilled chicken breasts or another lean protein for a complete meal.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1/2||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|2||large||carrot(s), thinly sliced|
|2||medium||zucchini, thinly sliced|
|4||tablespoon(s)||parsley, fresh, chopped, about 4 sprigs|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||thyme, dried, or 2 sprigs fresh thyme|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, to taste|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- In a 4 quart saucepan (or larger), cook onion in coconut oil until translucent.
- Add all other ingredients except vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add stock, increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Optional: Remove 1 cup soup from pan and reserve; pour remaining soup into blender and process at low speed until smooth.
- Combine pureed and reserved soup mixtures in saucepan and cook, stirring constantly until hot.