Serve with grilled chicken breasts or another lean protein for a complete meal.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, cook onion in coconut oil until translucent.
- Add all other ingredients except vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add stock, increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Optional: Remove 1/2 cup soup from pan and reserve; pour remaining soup into blender and process at low speed until smooth.
- Combine pureed and reserved soup mixtures in saucepan and cook, stirring constantly until hot.