Serve with grilled chicken breasts or another lean protein for a complete meal. Makes 2 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- In a 4 quart saucepan (or larger), cook onion in coconut oil until translucent.
- Add all other ingredients except vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add stock, increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Optional: Remove 1 cup soup from pan and reserve; pour remaining soup into blender and process at low speed until smooth.
- Combine pureed and reserved soup mixtures in saucepan and cook, stirring constantly until hot.