Makes 4-6 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 5-7 hours
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbs sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups water
- 1 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- Sprinkle meat with sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Place onions, carrots, and celery into crockpot.
- Top with meat.
- Add bay leaf and water.
- Cover pot and cook on low 5-7 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add cabbage wedges at any point during cooking (earlier if softer texture is desired, or add near the end if you prefer them to be less cooked).