Makes 4-6 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 5-7 hours
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbs sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups water
- 1 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- Sprinkle meat with sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Place onions, carrots, and celery into crockpot.
- Top with meat.
- Add bay leaf and water.
- Cover pot and cook on low 5-7 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add cabbage wedges at any point during cooking (earlier if softer texture is desired, or add near the end if you prefer them to be less cooked).
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.