Approximate Cook Time: 2.5 hours
- 11/2 pound(s) veal shanks, or roast
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 medium onion(s), yellow, diced
- 1 medium celery stalk(s), diced
- 1 medium carrot(s), diced
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced (14 oz)
- 1/4 cup(s) water, boiling
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place veal in a single layer in a heavy roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with oil, lemon juice, and pepper. Cover with onion, celery, carrot and tomatoes.
- Cover and roast for 1.5 hours or until meat falls off the bone.
- Uncover and brown for 30 minutes longer, adding water if necessary.