Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes, with 4 hours to chill
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 3 fresh mint leaves (or 1 mint tea bag)
- 1 cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- paper muffin liners or small paper cups
- Puree watermelon and cantaloupe in a food processor until smooth.
- Place in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, steep the mint leaves or tea bag in 1 cup boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Strain mint leaves, and add the infused water to the cooked melons.
- Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners (may instead use small paper cups or ice cube trays).
- Pour the melon puree into each liner and freeze.
- When beginning to firm up, insert flat wooden sticks into the center of each.
- Freeze until completely hard or the papers will not peel easily away.
- Remove papers before serving.