Approximate Cook Time: 20 minutes
Passive Time: 2-4 hours (marinades, etc.)
|4||cup(s)||watermelon, seeded and cubed|
|3||sprig(s)||mint, fresh, (or 1 mint tea bag)|
|paper muffin liners|
- Puree watermelon and cantaloupe in a food processor until smooth.
- Place in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, steep the mint leaves or tea bag in 1 cup boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Strain mint leaves, and add the infused water to the cooked melons.
- Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners (may instead use small paper cups or ice cube trays).
- Pour the melon puree into each liner and freeze.
- When beginning to firm up, insert flat wooden sticks into the center of each.
- Freeze until completely hard or the papers will not peel easily away.
- Remove papers before serving.