Makes dinner for two.
Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh halibut fillets
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 orange, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Toast Macadamia nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat until slightly golden. NOTE: stir constantly, as they will burn quickly if unattended. Set aside and allow nuts to cool completely before chopping. Chop when cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a shallow baking dish with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg with almond or coconut milk and set aside.
- Add parsley, sea salt, pepper, and orange zest to a shallow bowl with the nuts.
- Dip each halibut fillet in egg mixture, and coat on both sides, then press halibut in nut mixture. Be sure each fillet is fully coated.
- Place fillets in the shallow baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes (or until fish flakes apart with a fork).
- Serve with orange slices.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.