Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup(s) Macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 teaspoon(s) coconut milk, full fat, or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound(s) halibut filet(s) (6-8 oz)
- 1/2 medium orange zest
- 1 medium orange(s), sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toast Macadamia nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat until slightly golden. NOTE: stir constantly, as they will burn quickly if unattended. Set aside and allow nuts to cool completely before chopping. Chop when cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a shallow baking dish with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg with almond or coconut milk and set aside.
- Add parsley, sea salt, pepper, and orange zest to a shallow bowl with the nuts.
- Dip each halibut fillet in egg mixture, and coat on both sides, then press halibut in nut mixture. Be sure each fillet is fully coated.
- Place fillets in the shallow baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes (or until fish flakes apart with a fork).
- Serve with orange slices.