Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
|3/4||cup(s)||Macadamia nuts, chopped|
|2||teaspoon(s)||coconut milk, full fat, or almond milk|
|1||tablespoon(s)||parsley, fresh, chopped|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1||pound(s)||halibut filet(s) (6-8 oz)|
|1||medium||orange(s), sliced and zested|
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toast Macadamia nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat until slightly golden. NOTE: stir constantly, as they will burn quickly if unattended. Set aside and allow nuts to cool completely before chopping. Chop when cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a shallow baking dish with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg with almond or coconut milk and set aside.
- Add parsley, sea salt, pepper, and the zest of half the orange into a shallow bowl with the nuts.
- Dip each halibut fillet in egg mixture, and coat on both sides, then press halibut in nut mixture. Be sure each fillet is fully coated.
- Place fillets in the shallow baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes (or until fish flakes apart with a fork).
- Serve with orange slices.