Makes 2 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 cans yellowfin tuna in oil, drained
- cayenne pepper or chili flakes (or hot sauce), to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs capers, rinsed
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- coconut oil to grease baking sheet
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix tuna, cayenne, garlic powder, black pepper, dill (optional) and capers together in a bowl, then stuff into portobello caps.
- Place caps on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until tops are browned and portobello cap has softened slightly).
- Top with sliced avocado and serve warm.
Optional: for a sweeter touch, add raisins or currants, a dash of curry powder, and walnuts instead of capers, dill and avocado.