Makes breakfast for two. Other dark leafy greens or leftover veggies may be used instead of the specific veggies listed below.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 strips bacon (reserve 1 Tbs bacon grease)
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- several leaves of kale, chard or spinach, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook bacon. Remove from pan and put on paper towel to absorb extra oil. Crumble bacon when cool, and set aside.
- Drain pan of all but a coating of bacon grease.
- Sauté onion in bacon grease until slightly translucent. Add garlic and chard to pan, and continue to cook until tender. Remove to two plates.
- With the pan still hot, cook the eggs over easy in the leftover juices of the sauté.
- When the eggs are cooked, layer them on top of the vegetables.
- Top with the sliced avocado and crumbled bacon.