Other dark leafy greens or leftover veggies may be used instead of the specific veggies listed below.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 slice(s) bacon, reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1/4 medium onion(s), yellow, dice
- bunch(es) kale, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1 medium avocado(s), sliced
- Cook bacon. Remove from pan and put on paper towel to absorb extra oil. Crumble bacon when cool, and set aside.
- Drain pan of all but a coating of bacon grease.
- Sauté onion in bacon grease until slightly translucent. Add garlic and chard to pan, and continue to cook until tender. Remove to two plates.
- With the pan still hot, cook the eggs over easy in the leftover juices of the sauté.
- When the eggs are cooked, layer them on top of the vegetables.
- Top with the sliced avocado and crumbled bacon.