An easy breakfast dish with lots of different textures, this recipe features bacon, eggs, smooth avocado, nutritious kale, and aromatic onion and garlic. Feel free to be creative and add other greens or vegetables as desired, such as bell pepper or mushrooms. If you’re new to Paleo and miss eating hash browns or biscuits for breakfast, try this recipe. Other dark leafy greens or leftover veggies may be used instead of the specific veggies listed below.
- Cook bacon. Remove from pan and put on paper towel to absorb extra oil. Crumble bacon when cool, and set aside.
- Drain pan of all but a coating of bacon grease.
- Sauté onion in bacon grease until slightly translucent. Add garlic and kale to pan, and continue to cook until tender. Remove to two plates.
- With the pan still hot, cook the eggs over easy in the leftover juices of the sauté.
- When the eggs are cooked, layer them on top of the vegetables.
- Top with the sliced avocado and crumbled bacon.