Recipe courtesy of member Justin Couvillion.
Approximate Cook Time: 50 minutes
|1||head(s)||cauliflower, cored and cut into 1.5 inch florets|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/8||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/2||cup(s)||tahini, (may be found in many middle eastern markets or at Whole Foods)|
|3||medium||garlic clove(s), smashed and minced into a paste|
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Toss cauliflower, olive oil, cumin, sea salt (if desired) and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to rimmed baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake until cauliflower is browned and tender, 25 - 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl. Season with sea salt if desired and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Serve cauliflower hot or at room temperature with tahini sauce.
- To make a paleo-friendly hummus, add roasted cauliflower and tahini sauce to a food processor and blend until a paste forms. Add additional olive oil if desired and serve with vegetables.