This simple paleo fish recipe for lightly-fried plaice in almond flour will satisfy Paleo eaters who are craving seafood. It also works well with other varieties of fish like sole, flounder, tilapia, halibut, and swordfish. A half-and-half combination of tapioca and coconut flour can replace the almond flour if needed. Serve the fish with slices of fresh lemon.
- Rinse plaice fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season almond flour with sea salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper; stir to combine.
- Dip each fillet in egg and then in almond flour mixture. Coat each fillet completely.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Fry fillets in coconut oil for 2-3 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.